Friday, April 27, 2012

Circling Faith gets 5 Star Review on Amazon!

Circling Faith: Southern Women on Spirituality (editors Jennifer Horne and Wendy Reed, University of Alabama Press) just got a 5 star review on Amazon:

"A Polite White Background."

If you read this anthology, which contains my essay, "Chiaroscuro: Shimmer and Shadow," please do a reader review on Amazon, Powells, Goodreads, or elsewhere, to help promote this wonderful anthology. As Colorado poet and writer, Karen Douglass, said in her review:


"Sixteen essays and one interview (with Alice Walker), all fresh and forceful, so well crafted and full that I often forgot I was reading with a dual purpose--to say something useful to potential readers as well as to read for my own pleasure and education. Oh, the education!"

After doing a reading from my essay at the Boulder Writers Workshop in Boulder, Colorado last Saturday, BWW member, Karen Douglass, messaged me to say that the work was "way beyond Southern" and had a universal message.

Circling Faith is available in many independent bookstores now, as well as Amazon and other online stores.


No comments: