Monday, September 13, 2010

Thanks for Reading!

Since I left my laptop in Memphis while I'm in Denver visiting my kids and grandkids this week, this will be short. I just wanted to say, after three years of blogging, THANK YOU FOR READING!

And to ask a favor. My hit counter tells me I get between 100 and 200 hits a day, but I'd love to have MORE COMMENTS--either here or when I post to Facebook. I always love to hear responses to my posts, whether I'm writing about art (everything from graffiti to abstract expressionism to Byzantine iconography) or Alzheimers, Orthodoxy, psychology or spirituality, family or writing. I seem to get the most comments when I write about my mom (who has Alzheimer's) or about emotional and spiritual struggles.

And if you don't already SUBSCRIBE to my blog, it's easy. Just put your email address in the box on the left where it says "Subscribe" and you'll get an email notice each time I post. That way you don't have to keep checking back every few days to see what's new. When you get the email notice, just click on the link and you're here.

Meanwhile, I'm in Denver enjoying my four-week-old granddaughter, Anna Susan, her 14-month-old sister, Grace, and their parents, my son, Jason, and his wife, See.

And my daughter, Beth, who just moved to Denver a week ago, and her fiance, Kevin. They came over to Jason and See's on Saturday and Sunday for football-watching.





Today we went shopping at Babies R Us for a two-seater stroller and a few other goodies.













Then we went out for sushi.













Back home, Grace tries on her new boots (it'll be snowing in Denver in a few weeks!) and then everyone took naps. Now we're just chilling. So... I might not post again this week. But you never know. Just to be sure you don't miss something, you could subscribe:-)

6 comments:

kim said...

Lovely and beautiful family, Susan!

Susan Marquez said...

I wish you were my grandmother so I could get some snazzy new boots!

Love your writing and love you, too. Looking forward to the Creative Non-Fiction Conference in November!

Darrelyn Saloom said...

Enjoy the family, Susan. And the cool weather. I'm working hard to finish my WIP and writing a proposal, so I may miss a few posts while I'm hard at work. But I always enjoy reading your blog.

Anonymous said...

Don't stop! I enjoy your posts.
my love to Jason and family.
I am glad Beth and Kevin will be living close.

prisci said...

and, when are you moving to "fire city"?
Joking. But my grands are not near a major airport and it takes a long time to get to rural northern CA. I wish I were there to play, cook for and love on them!

Susan Cushman said...

Thanks for the comments... I'm feeling the love:-) And Prisci... I'm definitely checking out "fire city" as a future residence. Wish I could have two homes--one in Denver and one on the beach!