Thursday, February 2, 2012

Circling Faith Has a Web Site!

It's been almost two years since I submitted my essay, "Jesus Freaks, Belly Dancers and Nuns," to Wendy Reed and Jennifer Horne, editors of Circling Faith: Southern Women on Spirituality, coming soon from the University of Alabama Press. The publishing world will teach you patience, or drive you crazy. Finally we're getting close to lift-off, and Circling Faith: Southern Women on Spirituality, now has a web site!

Hop on over and read about our fabulous editors, cover artist, and some of the women whose work will be included in this second anthology on Southern women and spirituality. (The first was All Out of Faith, published in 2006.)

I'm still spinning from being mentioned in the same paragraph with my idol, Mary Karr. But I also continue to be impressed with Wendy and Jennifer's editing and leadership skills. They expanded my mind with their suggestion for a new title for my essay, "Chiaroscuro: Shimmer and Shadow."

And now I hear we might have an actual book in our hands by April. Stay tuned here and on Circling Faith's Facebook Page for news about upcoming author events across the South.

2 comments:

Austin said...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/521/stathanasiusdefenderoft.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/f/26/saintathanasius.jpg/

Susan Cushman said...

Thanks for sharing that lovely Coptic icon, Austin. Holy Saint Athanasius, pray to God for us.