Friday, April 2, 2010

We Venerate Your Passion, O Lord




It's Holy Friday for both Eastern and Western Christians today, since we share the same date for Pascha/Easter this year. At St. John Orthodox Church here in Memphis, we have three church services today: Royal Hours this morning; The Taking Down from the Cross at 3 p.m. this afternoon, and the Lamentations at 7 p.m. tonight.




In addition to all the church services, I'm grocery shopping for ground lamb and other ingredients to make the Greek Easter Soup tomorrow afternoon at 4 p.m. in the kitchen at St. John. Come and help me and share a glass of wine! Here's my post from 2008 for Holy Saturday, which includes pics from making lamb soup with Julia Alissandratos that year. Last year's post contains the recipe for Lamb Soup, and shows pics of Mindy Williams, Kim Hilal and others helping.

So with such a busy day, I'm not going to write a lengthy blog post. Instead, I'll share a link to my post from 2008, which included lots of photos and videos of the day's events.

Blessed Holy Friday, everyone.

(Check back next week for a post about my evening with Southern authors and radio show hosts, River Jordan and Shellie Tomlinson as they brought their "Southern Wing and a Prayer Tour" to Memphis on Wednesday. We had a great time!)

No comments: