Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Fairhope Writers Colony Retreat














If you're hoping for one of my usual posts on the latest writers workshop I'm attending, I hate to disappoint you. Here I am at the inaugural Fairhope Writers Colony Retreat, hosted by Sonny Brewer, taking copious notes and thinking about what I'll write about the retreat when Sonny says:




"What happens at the Wolff Writers Cottage STAYS at the Wolff Writers Cottage."








Let me just tease you a bit by saying that Day 1 (Monday) of this retreat was already worth the price of the week. And I think it's okay for me to say that our guest author was Frank Turner Hollon.











This morning we're gathering at Latte' Da, the coffee shop adjacent to Page & Palette Bookstore. I'll leave you with a picture of some of our group in front of the Wolff Writers Cottage, and Frank and Sonny in action during Day 1.

Maybe I'll have more pictures for "Wordless Wednesday."

3 comments:

Darrelyn Saloom said...

Glad to know Sonny's colony is off to a great start. Please tell him hello. I imagine Frank Turner Hollon is a hoot if his novels are any indication. Enjoy!

Susan Cushman said...

I haven't read Frank's books but after spending time with him yesterday I plan to read a couple of them. He shared some wonderful stuff with us yesterday. I'll definitely tell Sonny hello for you, Darrelyn.

Michelle said...

Oh my goodness...Frank is there too! Give him a big hellooo from me. Many moons ago, Frank hooked me up with Sonny, who hooked me up with MacAdam/Cage. I love that writing and reading community down there!