Monday, May 24, 2010

Yoknapatawpha Summer Writers Workshop: June 18-20

Readers, forgive me, it's been almost a week since my last post! (a record, I think) It was awesome being at the beach with my family in a beach house with no wi-fi, actually. So, I'll post a few photos at the end of this post and you'll see why I wasn't tempted to head into Seaside to the coffee shop to get on my computer more than once last week!

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I'm gearing up for the Yoknapatawpha Summer Writers Workshop in Oxford, Mississippi, June 18-20. There are still a few spots left, so if you're a beginner or even an emerging writer, join us for a weekend of manuscript critiques, craft talks, catfish, beer, wine and fun! Info and registration forms are here.

For posts about the past two summer workshops check these out:

"The Writer's Cross: Transcending the Existential Shorthand," from 2009.


"Learning to See and Write Sunsets,"
from 2008.

What's so great that I'm going for my 4th workshop? (I didn't have a blog in June of 2007, so there's no post about the first one I attended.) The faculty is awesome, including our workshop director, Neal Walsh, (right) who teaches in the MFA program at LSU; Scott Morris, formerly in the MFA program at Ole Miss and now living in California, both published authors) and this year, Neil White is added to the faculty!

It's a small group (usually 10-16 participants) so everyone gets lots of personal attention. And friendships are formed that last for years.

So, I'm going to close for now and post some beach photos... and watch a new episode of "Saving Grace," which starts in 25 minutes, so here I go!















3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So wonderful to see the Cushman crew on the beach. Love to all. Daphne

Mary Louise said...

I love those pictures. I am so jealous! The girls and I talk often about how much we miss you. The beach isn't the beach without Susan Cushman in a cowboy hat. Love you!

Carol ReMarks said...

The workshop sounds great. Nice family photos. Looks like you had a nice relaxing time with family.