Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Fourth Foto: Tag! You're It!

Okay, I have to admit I don’t get this whole thing about getting tagged and 4th photos, but I’ll play along. Evidently Caitlyn “tagged” me in her blog post from February 20 which means that I’m supposed to post the 4th photo from the 4th folder in my picture folders and “write a story” about the photo. (I just happened to read her blog post last night or I woudn’t have known I had been tagged. Did something break down in the system here?)

And this 4th photo thing is kinda’ random, don’t you think? But here goes. By the way, my (hundreds of) photo folders are in alphabetical order, not chronological. And the first four are by dates rather than by ABCs, so the 4th folder happens to be “2007 Christmas Card Pix.”

And the 4th photo is this one. The irony is that one of the other folks Caitlyn tagged is Claire, and believe it or not, this is a photo of Claire working on an icon of the Mother of God at an icon workshop I was teaching at St. John back in 2007. How’s that for a coincidence?

I used a grouping of students working on icons for our 2007 Christmas card design that year.
Okay, so maybe this isn’t so random. I really need to schedule a date for Kerry to come over and help me finish up the two large icons she and I have been working on for the nave at St. John for a long time. We agreed to finish them during Lent, which starts on March 2, so maybe this whole “tag you’re it” and “4th photo” thing was a way of reminding me.But I still want to know who started this whole thing. And now I’m supposed to tag someone? Someone with a blog, right? Okay, here goes.

I tag Mindy, who hasn’t posted on her blog in over a month, so now she’s got a topic! So, I could just wait until she happens to read this post, or I could send her an email with a link so she’ll know she’s been tagged. Yep, that sounds like a plan. So, I guess we can all check her blog over the next few days to see what the 4th photo in her 4th photo album happens to be.

“Last tag! No more tags!” (I’m really too old for this….)



2 comments:

Susan Cushman said...

Just got this email from Claire at http://phos-zoe.blogspot.com/

Tried to post this on the blog, but the "word verification" was messed up, and would never show me a word, therefore, I could never hit "post."

That is too funny! She tagged me, and my photo was of something I had made...seems like I should have more hand-made stuff around here with all this proof of my attempt at craftiness! I just hung that icon (mother of God) along with the icon I wrote at your other workshop (Angel of the Lord) over Zoe's bed. While she's nursing, I have a perfect view of the icon and remember so well the amazing experience of writing that icon for my unborn child. Love you!

Susan Cushman said...

Interesting Blogger situation: I tried to post this comment and ran into same problem as Claire. Then I signed into my blog and could post it. That's messed up. Any Bloggers know what's wrong? It kept saying "loading" but would never load a word to verify. Help, please?